Low cholesterol is BAD for you
"The Cholesterol Theory of heart disease is quite possibly the largest cover up in medical history," says cardiovascular surgeon, Dr. Dwight Lundell. Surprised? Arm yourself with the facts first, then decide:
You need to know that cholesterol is good for you. It is present in every cell in your body where it helps to produce cell membranes, hormones, vitamin D and bile acids to digest fat. It’s also vital for neurological function and helps in the formation of your memories. In fact, 25% of your body's cholesterol is in your brain.
Dangers of low cholesterol
When your cholesterol levels go too low, research shows negative results like:
- Increased dementia risk - People with low levels of HDL (good) cholesterol are 53% more likely to suffer from memory loss, Alzheimer’s and dementia compared with those with the highest levels of HDL…
- Increased risk of depression and violence - Men with chronically low cholesterol levels show a consistently higher risk of having depressive symptoms. Low cholesterol negatively impacts the metabolism of serotonin, a substance known to be involved in the regulation of mood. Similarly three separate neurological studies (in 1989, 1990, and 1994) agreed that in humans, low brain serotonin is linked to an increased risk of impulsive violence, including homicide, arson and suicide…
- Increased risk of cancer and Parkinson’s disease - An increased risk of Parkinson’s disease and cancer are evident among people with extra-low cholesterol...
- Increased risk of stroke - Low cholesterol can trigger the deadliest kind of stroke. It's called a massive stroke and it happens when blood vessels in your brain are so weak, they burst open…
- Hormone imbalance and decreased sex drive - Cholesterol is one of the major building blocks for all your steroid hormones. The body converts cholesterol to pregnenolone. This "mother" hormone is then converted to other hormones such as progesterone, DHEA, testosterone, estrogen, cortisol, and dozens of other critical hormones. If your cholesterol is too low, these hormones will also be low or virtually non- existent. You will have no more sex drive than an earthworm!
What is too low?
Experts vary. Conventional doctors aim for total levels less than 200mg,dL Others like Dr William Campbell Douglass say: "I would PANIC if my cholesterol dropped below 300!"
That’s a big gap between so called experts! So who do we believe? What do you and I do?
How do you control cholesterol?
Do NOT reach for statins. They are often associated with dangerous side effects!
Rather, you need to see your cholesterol levels holistically in relation to many other indices like homocystine, triglycerides, blood pressure, apolipoprotein and CRP, as well as the more usual blood and urine results. If you have low or high cholesterol, but healthy results in most of these areas it is nothing to panic about.
Of course, the best way forward is to ensure you lead a balanced lifestyle with minimum stress, maximum wholesome, natural nutrition, two litres minimum of pure water daily, exercise, natural supplementation, and no smoking.
Our Lipi-Rite (formerly Cholest-Natural) is a proven natural alternative to statin drugs which balances your cholesterol levels. Together with our Omega 3 DHA/Fish Oil they result in delighted customers like Teri who says:
"I just wanted to let you know how happy I am with your products. I started taking your Lipi-Rite (formerly Cholest-Natural), Omega 3/DHA Fish Oil and Total Balance approx a year ago. My cholesterol at that time was 279, my triglycerides were 600. After 6 months I had lowered my cholesterol to 259 and triglycerides to 300. I went in last week for another blood test and my cholesterol is down to 196 and triglycerides are down to 122.”
You may also like...
Pizza gets a healthy makeover
May 2020 by, Customer Care Team
Eating right for your heart needn’t mean giving up all your favourite foods. With a few simple tweaks,...Read More
Recipe: Coconut and Watermelon, Absolutely!
June 2020 by, Xtend-Life Expert
If you are looking for the perfect way to rehydrate on a hot day or after intense exercise...Read More
Top 5 Ingredients For Better Immunity
June 2020 by, Xtend-Life Expert
Prevention really is the best cure when it comes to staying healthy. Adding the following top five ingredients...Read More