Alkaline Breakfast Ideas
Preparing alkaline breakfast foods is easy! Be sure to start your day with a nutritionally dense breakfast to keep yourself feeling energetic all day long.
Research also shows that a good breakfast is one of the best ways of maintaining a healthy weight.
Vegetables tick all of the boxes as healthy breakfast options: they are alkaline, provide nutrients and fiber, kick-start your digestive system, and give you a great start to your morning.
There are plenty of good choices when it comes to alkaline foods for breakfast, but these are some of my favorites which I am sure you will love!
Alkaline Green Smoothie
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 large Kale leaf
- ½ cucumber
- 1 stick celery
- 1 lemon
- Pinch of ginger
- Add all ingredients into your powerful high speed blender and blend for 20 seconds.
- Serve in a large glass and enjoy.
Avocado on Toasted Sprouted Bread
- 1 slice sprouted bread
- Half an avocado
- Half a cup Cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- Seasoning: Sea salt, parsley
- Top your toasted sprouted bread with roughly mashed avocado.
- Add cherry tomatoes on the side, drizzled in olive oil, season and enjoy.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked broccoli
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. soaked almonds
- Seasoning: Sea salt, parsley and coriander
- Combine absolutely all the ingredients into a bow, and enjoy!
Easy Chia Seed Pudding
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or coconut milk)
- ¼ cup berries
- ½ tbsp. honey
- Mix chia seeds, almond or coconut milk and honey in a small bowl or glass. Let it set in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove it from the fridge, and make sure your pudding looks thick and the chia seeds have gelled. Top with berries, and enjoy immediately.
Soaked Almond and Seed Muesli
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. flaxseeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- stevia and cinnamon to taste
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and season with stevia and cinnamon.
- Soak overnight.
- Enjoy first thing in the morning!
- ½ dozen mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of chopped spring onion and rosemary
- Pinch of himalayan salt and black pepper
- A few drops of sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients into a glass bowl and leave overnight in the fridge.
- Add to any salad and enjoy.
- ½ a dozen cherry tomatoes
- 2 portabello mushrooms
- 1 cup sautéed spinach (with salt and pepper to taste)
- 1 poached egg
- Drizzle tomatoes and mushrooms with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt.
- Bake or grill tomatoes and mushrooms until cooked.
- Plate up with spinach and egg, and enjoy.
If you are struggling with getting that boost of alkaline greens in your daily diet, you can also add a sachet of Zupafood GREENZ to your morning juice or smoothie. Perfect, easy nutrition on the go.
You may also like...
Supercharge Your Health with Nutritious Kiwifruit
April 2021 by, Claire Luzke
Choosing the right food that provides the nutrients to fuel your digestive system is the key to a...Read More
Top 5 Ingredients For Better Immunity
June 2020 by, Xtend-Life Expert
Prevention really is the best cure when it comes to staying healthy. Adding the following top five ingredients...Read More
Pizza gets a healthy makeover
May 2020 by, Customer Care Team
Eating right for your heart needn’t mean giving up all your favourite foods. With a few simple tweaks,...Read More